After picking up toys, clothes, and papers from the floor, I knelt down and was confronted by the wasteland that lay beneath Megan's bed. I saved it for last - the final frontier, if you will - between me and a clean room. From under her bed, I pulled shoes, socks, clothes, books, markers, small toys, food wrappers, bathroom cups, and a multitude of papers. All the while I was thinking, "Why does she do this? We don't live like this. Our house isn't cluttered like this. Why?"
Then, I found this little gem.
- I'll meet Taylor Swift.
- Avery will like me. (Avery is a boy in her class at school.)
- I'll get my own horse.
- I'll have the cutest purse in school. (At first, I thought this said "puke." I was really glad when I looked closer and realized it was "purse.")
- I'll get my own puppy.
- I'll be treated the way I want.
- I'll have the best party.
- I will be popular.
- I will be an ambassador of honor. (Kind of like the student council at their elementary school.)
- I'll have a nice 5th grade teacher (She is currently in second grade.)
- Dover - (I have no idea where she was going with this or what it means.)
- the last one - # 12 - was blank
I love this. I love that she did it in all different colors - reflective of her vibrant personality. I love that, when one piece of paper wasn't big enough, she taped it together with another piece. It shows her ingenuity. I love that her hopes and dreams are a mixture of childlike (I want a puppy/horse) and too grown up for her own good (I'll be popular). This is exactly how she is. I love that she misspelled some of the words (treeted), again, a reminder of her innocence. I love that it is incomplete - there is always room for more hopes and dreams. Most of all, I love that I found this amidst the unruliness under her bed because it is a perfect analogy and summation of Megan. As I said, she is a whirlwind. She is high energy all the time. Sometimes she is simply exhausting. But, when she slows down for just a moment; when you can get underneath the crazy and really take her in, there is treasure to be found.
Megan - you keep me on my toes and, sometimes, you wear me out. But, you ALWAYS amaze me and I love you bunches!!!!