1. Read a book - Like perhaps this one that I won from some other lovely bloggers this summer!
I have really been trying to dig in deep and read this, but, during the sumer, I kept getting interrupted.
2. Cruise Pinterest for Recipes - I already have some recipes listed here and some of them came from Pinterest. Thanks to modern technology, I can spend my time in carpool finding some new recipes to try.
3. Cruise Pinterest for ideas - If I get tired of looking for recipes, I can just start looking at other things on Pinterest. That's where I found this nifty idea for displaying your sign during carpool line - on Pinterest - while sitting in carpool line last year! Ironic, huh?
4. Listen to music I like without having to explain the lyrics to my kids. - Pretty self explanatory. While I sit there alone, I can listen to whatever song is currently on my iPod top 25 without explaining what a Payphone is or what it means to wear a dress that will "show a little uh-uh". Hopefully, I will remember to make sure the windows are UP as I sing along!
5. Browse Facebook and Twitter - Is it wrong that I get most of my "news" from social media these days? Truthfully, this is what I usually spend my carpool time doing.
6. People watching - Have you ever just watched all the people going in and out of the school at pick up time? It is quite an eclectic group of folks (at least at our school) and you are practically guaranteed to see something entertaining!
7. Clean up in the minivan - I try to keep some plastic grocery bags and some Windex wipes in the glove box. Occasionally, while I'm sitting there, I'll grab a bag and collect all the trash in the car and/or wipe down the dashboard, etc. (DISCLAIMER: If you ever get in my car, this does not mean you should expect it to be clean. I have three kids and I said I do this "occasionally.")
8. Catch up on blog reading - Do you follow me on Bloglovin? Well, you should! Then you can download the Bloglovin app and catch up on posts like this one and posts from other bloggers while you are
wasting time waiting in the carpool line.
9. Plan - I'm a planner and a list maker and, since I'm also a mom, there is always some kind of list I could make - grocery lists, Target lists, etc. Or, I could bring along that editorial calendar I have been meaning to implement for my blog and work on that. If that's not enough, I could do some menu planning or work on a Sunday school lesson.
10. Write - If I'm feeling really industrious, perhaps I could use my time in carpool line to come up with some better blog topics for my Tuesday Ten. That way, I wouldn't have to sit down at 9:00pm on Monday night and type up some lame, last minute list. Not saying that's what I did this time. Nope. Not saying that at all! :-)
If you enjoyed this post about how to kill time in carpool line, you should hop on over to this post from The Dose of Reality gals to make sure you are behaving properly whilst you sit and do all of these uber productive activities!