I have several recipe boards and lots of ideas pinned. I thought that, surely, I could fond at least ONE dish to try this week. You know what? I didn't. Instead, I found tons of recipes I have pinned, but will, for one reason or another, never actually make.
I thought that I would just share some of them with you and hope that maybe you will find some of the inspiration I am lacking these days!
1. This Cajun Chicken Pasta from Skinnytaste looks delicious, doesn't it?? That's probably why I pinned it pretty impulsively. (Which goes to show the importance of food photography - at which I stink, by the way!) It also seemed like a quick and easy one skillet meal. Upon closer inspection, though, I realized it has three things that nobody but my husband would eat - peppers, mushrooms, and cajun spice. Therefore, I will never actually make it.
2. These Strawberry Cinnamon Rolls from A Few Shortcuts look absolutely scrumptious! However, the recipe involves dry yeast and a rolling pin. I will never have time for that in the morning or energy to prepare it a night ahead. At least not until my kids are grown and there is nobody left here to eat them!
3. When I saw this recipe for Crock Pot Pesto Ranch Chicken Thighs form Picky Palate, I pinned it because it had three elements I love - crock pot preparation, chicken, and ranch. I'm not a huge fan of chicken thighs, but I figured I could substitute boneless, skinless breasts. then, I pictured the looks on the faces of my family members when I served them a plate full of green chicken (more or less) and realized this was another recipe I will never make.
4. I pinned this recipe for Garlicky Baked Shrimp from Normal Cooking because I was intrigued by the idea of baking the shrimp. I know seafood is healthy and I would like to make it more often. However, when I was pregnant with my third child, I developed an aversion to seafood. She's six years old now, but I still haven't really regained my taste for seafood. My kids won't eat it either.
5. I suppose maybe I thought I could use this Tortellini Spinach Bake from Our Best Bites to sneak in something healthy under the disguise of pasta. Then I came to my senses and realized that would never work. Plus, my hubby doesn't like "creamy" pasta sauces. Perhaps, I'll do as it suggests and make it for someone else sometime.
6. I thought this Wagon Wheel Taco Pasta Salad from Cara's Cravings looked like a fun crowd pleaser. Maybe for a pot-luck type of thing?? It's not for my family, though. We have this weird idea that Italian (pasta) and Mexican don't go together and, though the recipe is interesting, nobody here would partake.
7. I love manicotti and so does my vegetarian daughter. That is probably why I pinned this Stuffed Manicotti from Julia's Album. To actually make it, however, would be tedious. It would require time and patience to stuff each pasta tube and those are two things I simply don't have.
8. I adore goat cheese, so this Lemony Goat Cheese Pasta from Martha Stewart looks divine to me and so easy to prepare. I'm pretty sure my entire family would hate it. Maybe someday when I have all my girlfriends over for a lovely, fancy lunch. (Yeah, right!)
9. At first, I thought it would be fun to jazz up the good ol' mac and cheese with this King Ranch Mac and Cheese Recipe from Southern Living. Then, I remembered that mac and cheese is one of the few things that everybody will eat and I decided it was better to not rock the boat.
10. Finally, I will never make this Cheesecake Stuffed Dark Chocolate Cake from My Recipes. "Why?" you ask. It does look heavenly, doesn't it? Layers of dark chocolate cake topped with cream cheese icing, stuffed with cheesecake bites and candy bars, and drizzled with caramel. YUM!!!! And . . . I just gained 10 pounds thinking about it. If I actually made it, it would sit in the refrigerator day after day sweetly calling my name and begging me to eat it up. My family doesn't have much of a sweet tooth, so I would be forced to put the cake out of its misery and, those 10 pounds I gained just thinking about it, would turn into fifteen or twenty!
How about you? Did any of these recipes tickle your fancy? Would you ever actually make them?
If you would like to see what other recipes I've pinned and may or may not ever make, follow me on Pinterest!