All the meal planning is so frustrating and tiring sometimes. I don't have the energy to be creative with it, os I just stick to the same old basics - spaghetti, tacos, chicken, and more chicken. I desperately needed some new ideas to jazz up our family menu, so I went to Pinterest looking for some easy weeknight meal ideas. I found several that look super scrumptious and I wanted to share them with all of you, too!
- This One Pot Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Pasta Skillet meal from Yellow Bliss Road is actually on my menu for this week! I can't wait to see how it turns out.
- For a slight different twist on a pasta, I pinned this Spicy Chicken Rigatoni Recipe from Six Sisters.
- This Skillet Lasagna from Fatastical Sharing of Recipes is more traditional, but a whole lot easier and quicker than regular lasagna.
- I've been trying to eat healthier and this Garlic Parmesan Chicken from Simply Healthy Home looks delicious! I'm sure my kids will turn their noses up at the spinach, but I'm going to try it anyway!
- Of course, if I make too much chicken my husband says he is going to start clucking (which would actually be kind of funny!), so to change things up a little, I pinned this recipe for Pan Seared Pork Chops with Dijon Butter Sauce from Rock Recipes.
- Another departure form chicken are these Smothered Salisbury Steak Tips from South Your Mouth. This recipe is a winner because 1) As a southern girl myself, I adore the name of her blog and 2) I have already tried this one and it was yummy! (I used cubed steak when I made it.)
- Instead of tacos, I plan to try this Chicken Enchilada Skillet from Add A Pinch when I'm in the mood for a little Mexican flare for dinner.
- Perhaps I can do a little Mexican/Italian Combo with these Tortilla Pizzas from Food and the City. These would be great to make with the kids one night since they are completely customizable!
- I don't do a lot of seafood, but if I did, I would definitely try this Garlicky Baked Shrimp from Normal Cooking. It looks fabulous and, I imagine that, tossed with a little pasta, my seafood aversion might be diminished significantly.
- Finally, there is nothing quite like a good ole' burger. For a healthier, tasty twist, these Buffalo Turkey Burgers from Sarcastic Cooking look incredible. I might have to back off on the heat for the kiddos, but still - Yum!!!
How about you? What's on your dinner menu? Think you might try any of these???