I recently finished reading Gone Girl. (Yes, I know I am terribly behind the times.) The whole book is about mysteries. Amy has disappeared, but where is she? What happened? Who did it? Not to mention the anniversary treasure hunt mysteries her husband, Nick, is trying to solve. It got me thinking about all the mysteries I’m trying to solve every single day.
The 10 Greatest Mysteries of Motherhood
- Why do my kids complain profusely when I wake them up on school mornings and act as if they are part of some zombie brigade, yet on the weekend they are up at the crack of dawn?
- Why do my kids ALWAYS have a growth spurt right at the end of a season when the stores have already changed out their stock for the next season? Have you ever tried to find snow boots in February??
- How do they always know the second I sit down and suddenly need something right then?
- This is also the case when I am on the phone or in the bathroom. Everything instantly becomes ten times more urgent. Why, Why, Why??????
- Why am I the only one in the house capable of putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher? It’s really not that far form the sink, people!
- Why do they always argue with me about taking a bath/shower, but, once they are in, I can’t get them out?
- How can they like a particular food one day and, the next day, find that same food to be utterly repulsive?
- Seriously, where are the parents on 99.9% of the Disney shows and who comes up with all that ridiculously annoying stuff anyway? Has anyone ever seen Max & Ruby’s parents? Do Austin and Ally actually go to school at any point? Why do kids find these shows so appealing? How many brain cells have my children lost while watching this type of mindless drivel? Okay - that’s several mysteries wrapped into one, but I could go on about this one all day!
- Common Core math. Enough said.
- Finally, where in the heck do all the missing socks go???????
If you happen to know the answers to any of the mysteries on this list, please, for the sake of all humanity, share your wisdom with the rest of us!
What mysteries of motherhood have you perplexed today??
This post was part of the new One Word Blog Linkup hosted my Janine of Confessions of a Mommyholic, Marica of Blogitudes, and me! This week, the word prompt choices were Lost and Truth. If you would like to join the linkup you can find more information HERE, sign up for weekly emails HERE, and/or join our Facebook group HERE. Every Friday, two prompts are emailed. Choose one and write a post using that owrod as inspiration. Linkup up any time between 6:00am EST on Wednesday-9:00pm EST on Thursdays on any of the host sites!