According to Babycenter.com, the most popular girl names of 2014 were Sophia, Emma, Olivia, Ava, and Isabella. These are very different form the names of the 70's!
Why am I telling you all of this? Well, today, March 3rd is Unique Names Day. So, we thought that, for Tuesday Ten, it would be fun to think about our own names. The original question we asked was "If you could change your name, what are ten others you might choose?"
Well, I struggled with that question. Although "Lisa" was pretty common in the 70's, I don't mind it. My middle name is Elaine which happens to be my mom's name, so I wouldn't want to change that. If I ever did consider changing my name, my two favorite female names are Rachel and Elizabeth, but, since I gave those two names to my firstborn daughter, I couldn't really take them myself.
I decided to ask my girls about their names. My oldest, you know - the one I bestowed my two favorite names upon - she told me that she doesn't like her name at all and would definitely change it if given the chance. She wasn't quite sure what she would change it to, however.
My middle daughter is Megan Julia. (Sidetone: According to my parents, I was almost Julia which is a combination of my two grandmothers' names, Jewel and Eula. For some reason, my parents changed their mind and I used the idea for my second daughter!) Megan had trouble coming up with alternative names for herself as well, but eventually proposed the possibility of Jessica or Lauren.
Finally, there's my youngest, Emily Margaret. "Emily" has always been another favorite female name of mine. When my older two were born, though, Emily and Emma were extremely popular, so I hesitated in giving that name to my own child. By the time I had a third girl, though, it's popularity had faded and I was out of options. If Emily had the chance to change her name, she would choose Isabella, Elizabeth, Kelly, or Ginger.
After the conversation with my girls, I was still at a loss for a list of ten, so I did what most anyone would do nowadays - I turned to the internet. I remembered not long ago taking one of those little quizzes to find out what my princess name would be and figured there must be tons more name based quizzes. I was not disappointed!
1. Based on a series of 10 completely random questions including what I do when I'm alone in an elevator and what I might have permanently tattooed onto my forehead, this Buzzfeed Quiz determined that my actual name should be Emmylou.
2. Lucida Grande - That's what this quiz has chosen for my celebrity name stating that I would "remember my roots and always make time for signing autographs."
3. Another Buzzfeed quiz tells me that, based on my affinity for the beach and my perspective on true love, my Disney Princess name should be Ariel.
4. Yet another quiz states that I am "clumsy and awkward and hate being the center of attention. But, I'm brave and big-hearted." Therefore, if I was in a Harry Potter book, I would be called Neville Longbottom.
5. Based on my choice of a scarf and board game, this Buzzfeed Quiz determined that, if I was in the movie Frozen, my name would be Elsa.
6. If I was a character on Friends, this quiz on Buzzfeed says my name would be Rachel. (Confession: it actually said my name would be Gunther, but I could't accept that, so I took the quiz over to get a different answer.
7. This quiz puts me in an episode of Full House and says my name would be D.J. Tanner. (Although, I'm not quite sure how it calculated that result based on my choice of a cereal, an ice cream flavor, and an emoji.
8. Apparently, if I was a fast food restaurant, my name would be Dunkin Donuts. At least that was the conclusion this quiz came to after I answered a few questions about my preference in movies, beverages, and dessert.
9. Henrietta would be my "posh British name" according to this quiz which states that my LinkedIn profile would list "socialite" as my job title.
10. Ironically, this quiz asked what I would name a son and what I would name a bar if I was to open one in order to determine that, if I was a sea creature, I would be called a clownfish. (Yes, I know that's not really a name, but I'm running out of options here!)
And, because I got a tad carried away taking these
Bonus - This quiz says that, if I were a superhero, my name would be Black Panther. Honestly, I have no idea if that is an actual comic book superhero or not, but the description says that I would "have a bold personality and command attention whenever I walk in the room." Also, the Panthers were my high school's mascot, so I'll go with it!
So there you have it -
Did you take any of these quizzes? C'mon! Of course you did!! Which one did you take and what name did it give you? Tell me in the comments!
Your Tuesday Ten hostesses are:
~If you are new to #TuesdayTen, you can click here to see the official rules.
~If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
~Click HERE to be added to the Facebook group!
Come link up again next Tuesday, March 10. It's World Panic Day and we ant to know ten things that make you panic!