Today, for Tuesday Ten, we thought it would be fun to get to know each other a little better by sharing some completely random facts bout ourselves - things that other people probably don't know and would never think to ask!
- I don't like tomatoes or mushrooms. I will order food without them or pick them off if necessary.
- I wear a size 8 shoe. I used to wear a 7 1/2, but the first time I was pregnant, my feet got so swollen that I had to go up to a 8 1/2 Wide. They never went completely back to the original size. My oldest daughter now wears a 7 1/2 which kind of freaks me out a little.
- I didn't fly on an airplane until I was 21. It was for our honeymoon. We flew from NC to Florida to catch a cruise. Since then, I have flown several times including to San Francisco, Paris, and London!
- My favorite color is purple (in case you couldn't tell by the blog design) followed by pink (but dark pink) and green.
- My 20th high school reunion is scheduled for October 2015, but I'm not sure if I want to go. High school was not fun for me.
- When I was in high school, I played 3 sports - basketball, softball, and tennis. I wasn't particularly good at basketball or tennis because I don't have very quick feet. I was pretty good as a slow pitch softball pitcher because I could actually throw a slow pitch curve ball. I always wore #12 on my jerseys.
- I am claustrophobic (fear of small, tight spaces) and acrophobic (fear of heights). Both of these seem to be getting worse as I get older.
- I rarely eat seafood. When I was very newly pregnant for the third time, I was attending a holiday business dinner with my husband. We were served an appetizer sampler plate that included a large, cold crab claw. I bit into the crab meat (which I previously liked) and immediately wanted to vomit. That was over 8 years ago and I have never fully re-acquired my taste for seafood. I especially cannot tolerate anything cold (like shrimp cocktail) or anything raw (like sushi).
- I always sleep on the left side of the bed (if you are facing the headboard), but I always fall asleep laying on the right side of my body. If I wake up in the middle of the night, 9 times out of 10 I am on my back.
- According to this personality test, I am an ISTJ. Based on the summary description, I would say that's very accurate. Here's what it says about ISTJ's:
Tell me your personality type or another random fact in the comments!
Your Tuesday Ten hostesses are:
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
Come link up again next Tuesday, April 21. April is Couple Appreciation Month, so we'll be sharing 10 things we appreciate about the Significant Others in our lives!