Tuesday, I published THIS POST inviting readers to join me in doing just ONE thing to spread a little hope, peace, joy, and love during the next two weeks.
I had asked my kids to help me come up with ideas for that post and they were excited about it. So, that very day, we delivered hot chocolate to the teachers who were standing out in the cold to supervise the carpool drop-off at the girls' elementary school. :-)
Today, I am sharing two more things:
1) A video that is sure to spread a little joy and put a smile on your face. It has been circulating the internet like crazy, so you may have already seen it. At last check, it already had over 10 million views! The only instruments they use are their voices. It is incredible.
2) Here are 10 MORE ways you can help to spread a little hope, peace, joy, and love. They are pretty simple ideas that can have big impact. If you haven't already done so, please read my post from Tuesday, spread some cheer, and then come back on Dec. 18 to share your experience! (Instructions are in the first post and below.)
Thanks so much to all who have already commented, shared, and decided to participate! I cannot wait to read everyone's stories on Dec. 18!
Here's how it will work:
- For today's Tuesday Ten, I am giving you a list of ten simple acts of kindness you could do to spread some hope and joy. You are not limited to these ideas. If none of these strike your fancy, be creative and choose your own activity! (I'm going to share more tomorrow and I would love for you to share your ideas in a comment below, too!)
- Commit to ONE activity and do it between now and Dec. 17. Take pictures if you can and document what you do. Talk with your family about why you are doing it and how it made everyone feel - the doers and the recipients.
- Share this post!! Get others involved by sharing this post on Facebook, Twitter, or via email. The more the merrier!!! If you are a blogger, feel free to write your own post and get your readers involved too!! (You can add the button below to your post.) Tweet it with #justdoONEthing. My goal is to have at least 50 people link up or share in comments on Dec. 18. That's pretty ambitious for my little blog, so I need your help!
- On December 18, come back here and SHARE! If you are a blogger, do a post and link it up. If you are not a blogger, you can come leave a comment about what you did. If you are not comfortable with either of those, email me or share with me onFacebook and I will share some of your stories in my blog post on the 18th.
Will you join me???? It's just ONE thing, but a lot of little ones can make a big difference!