Well, guess what? My kids have been in school for three weeks and I've already gotten that letter - twice! Both times, it was from my 5th grader's class. There were a few cases that were treated and children returned to school. Then, when they came back after Labor day, there was another case! Yuck!!
Now, having been teacher myself, I know that lice has nothing to do with cleanliness - anyone can get in - but, it still gives me the heebie jeebies and makes my head itch just thinking about it! It seems only fitting that today, in honor of Head Lice Prevention month, Tuesday Ten is all about things we dread!
- Packing Lunches - If you've read my blog long at all, you will not be surprised to see this at the top of my list!!!!
- Cleaning- I admit that, organizing and cleaning out can be cathartic at times. However, scrubbing toilets, washing dishes, and doing laundry are never enjoyable in my book!
- Going to the Gym - When I was younger, I played a lot of sports but I have never liked going to the gym just to work out. My mind races with all the other things I could be doing and, maybe I'm just doing it wrong, because I don't really see much result from going (i.e no weight loss, muscle building) Maybe I'm just doing it wrong because I don't really want to be doing it at all!
- The stomach bug! - Last winter we were extremely lucky! I was the only family member who got the stomach bug and it was short-lived. I hope we don't have to pay for that this winter! I always hate when anyone in my family is sick, but the stomach bug is the WORST!
- Weather Extremes - I may be the only person in the world who claims winter as my favorite season. I love a good snow day and cozying up by the fire place, but even I get tired of super cold temperatures and crazy ice storms. After three pregnancies and "getting older" hormone shifts, I simply can't take the heat, either, though. Anything above 80 and I'm sweating like a pig and perfectly miserable.
- Homework - What I dread is not the actual homework, but the whining and complaining it causes!
- Mornings - I am not a morning person. Neither are my kids - especially the oldest and youngest. Yes, I know that each day is a new blessing and a new opportunity, but if each new day could start about 9:00am, that would be great!
- Going to the doctor/dentist - I am grateful for medical professionals who make sure my family is healthy and care for us when we're not. Nevertheless, I don't know anyone who enjoys having their teeth scraped by the dental hygienist or going in for their annual OB-GYN check up!
- Shopping for clothes - I used to enjoy this, but in the past year I have been unhappy with my weight and clothes shopping has become more frustrating than enjoyable.
- Christmas shopping - I also used to love this when my kids were younger. The only hard part was narrowing down the list of toys and finding time to go by myself. Now that they are older, their wish lists are much smaller yet MUCH more costly! (There are exactly 100 days left until Christmas, by the way!)
- My kids driving - My oldest recently turned 13 and was quick to remind me that in just a year and a half, she will be taking driver's ed in anticipation of getting her learner's permit at 15. On one hand, it will be great when she can run to the store for me or drive herself to school (no more carpool lines!!!). On the other hand, I cannot imagine how scared and nervous I will be the first time she (or my other two) drives away on her own.
- My kids leaving home - I look forward to seeing what careers my girls will choose, what their spouses and kids will be like, and just finding out who they become. That said, I know there will come a day when they no longer live at home; when they are truly on their own and I can't protect them anymore. As much as I look forward to it, I also know my heart will break.
There are only 100 days until Christmas! Do you dread shopping? #TuesdayTen @TheGolden Spoons @MamaRabia
Your Tuesday Ten hostesses are:
If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Next Tuesday is Dear Diary Day, so we want to know - what are 10 things you would hate to read in your spouse's/child's/co-worker's diary? OR 10 Diary Entries you wish you could write!