Currently . . . . (Started on Friday afternoon, March 25;
finished on Sunday afternoon, March 27))
- Enjoying - Spring Break!!!! My kids are out of school today (Friday) and all next week. Woohoo!!!!
- Feeling - Very glad for the break from the regular, busy routine. I need a break. I think we all need a break.
- Reading - I just finished Before I Go To Sleep by S.J Watson. I just picked up Brooklyn by Colm Toibin and look forward to reading it during Spring break!
- Listening - You know those songs that just get stuck in your head and you find yourself humming the tune long after you heard the song? This is one of those songs.
- Wearing - Ugh! It has been unusually warm unusually early this spring. A couple weeks ago, we had an 86 degree day!!! However, I am really, really unhappy with my weight right now and I'm NOT ready to put on shorts. It's only March, so we should still be in jeans and sweaters, but the weather is calling for tank tops and I keep getting swimsuit catalogs in the mail! Most people would love it, but I'm not a fan.
- Thinking - Still thinking about my blog - where it's going; what purpose it serves. I was thinking about this last month and it's still on my mind. With my kids getting older, it seems there is less to write about - at least less that I am willing to put on the internet. Also, after six years of blogging, it feel like I have already done, in one way or another, many of the more generic parenting topics. I don't want to let it go, but I'm wondering if, maybe, it has run it's course.
- Wishing- for a vacation! I'm so glad we have spring break this week. I think we ALL need a reprieve from the routine. The girls and I will be spend a few days with my parents and I'm looking forward to a change of scenery.
- Questioning - Honestly? Politics. there have been a lot of "hot topics" in my state lately including, of course, the presidential race. I despise politics - just feels like a bunch of childish grown ups arguing about who will get their way. I know, however, that I should be educated, so I'm trying.
- Clebrating - That the part time job I've been doing at our church as an interim for the past two years, has finally been made permanent!
- Playing - a new board game called "Ticket To Ride." We wanted something new for our family game nights and some friends had suggested this game. It's not cheap ($50.00 at Target!), but it is so much fun!
- Wanting - So many things!!
- Loving - Watching our girls play on their new Swurfer! We got is from a fundraiser at my girls' school and they re having a blast on it. I love looking out our front door to see them swing and smile.
What is currently happening in your life?