Through social media, I have kept up with many people from my graduating class and I know that life has taken us in many different directions. Some have stayed close to home and others have moved far away. Some have spouses and kids; others haven't gone down that road. Some have become exactly what our senior superlatives anticipated and some have taken paths that nobody would have predicted. A few have changed a lot, but many still look very much the same.
Fortunately, one thing that has changed quite a bit since our May 1995 graduation is fashion. In October, we may relive old memories and revive old friendships, but hopefully none of these trends will come back to life!
1. Overalls - You were extra trendy if you only fastened one strap!
2. Rolling up one pant leg - Why LL Cool J? Why?
3. Spandex - Even AC Slater couldn't make this look good!
4. Ripped Jeans - Did we (well, our parents) actually pay for jeans with holes in them?
5. Umbros - You weren't cool at any after school sports practice if your shorts weren't Umbros.
6. Flannel - Especially, if you wore a t-shirt underneath and left your plaid flannel unbuttoned.
7. Mood Rings - Even though they never accurately interpreted your mood.
8. Flower Hats - Blossom and Six could seriously rock this look!
9. Doc Martens - Extra points if you were a girls wearing them with a floral dress.
10. Scrunchies - The Full House girls knew how to work a scrunchie!
11. Chokers - If I'm not mistaken, choking anything is inherently bad.
12. Frosted hair - Frosting is for cupcakes!
13. Rat Tails - The name alone is disgusting, but Danny and Jordan rocked it!
14. Crimped Hair- Another unfortunate hairstyling mistake.
15. Wallets on chains - Because just putting it in your pocket wasn't enough. (Especially if you're Donnie and in the middle of a performance!)
16. Blazers over a t-shirt -Joey Lawrence and Zack Morris made everything look good. Even this.
17. Quriky vests - The blazer trend was much better than this trend.
18. Wearing clothes backwards - Thanks Kris Kross for this fashion ridiculousness.
19. L.A. Gear Light Up Sneakers - There's a reason that children of the 90s now buy light up shoes for our preschoolers!
|Senior Yearbook Photo|
Let's just leave it at that!
What were your favorite fashions in the 90s?
Your Tuesday Ten hostesses are:
Next Tuesday we are contemplating 10 blog posts we would never actually write!