As I sat down to write this post, that title immediately popped into my head. Then, even though I am not a big fan of Cher, I also heard her voice singing the familiar refrain in my head. I bet you're hearing it now, too, huh? No? Well, here you go:
(You may want to avert your eyes and just listen since she is wearing one of her infamous "barely there" outfits.)
This past weekend, we got the chance, as we do every November, to actually turn back time. We got an extra hour, but sadly, that hour technically comes at 2:00am and doesn't really seem to do much good. But, what if?? What if we got an extra couple of hours EVERY DAY? What if days were 26 hours long? What could you do with those 2 extra hours?
There are quite a few things I can think of to do with that extra, imaginary time.
- Writing - I recently wrote about how I have been struggling to find time to write. Also, just today, I was talking with a friend about trying (and failing) to write every day which was one of my School Year Resolutions. If I had a couple extra hours, I would definitely want to spend it writing.
- Reading - I am not a big novel reader, but I love reading blogs and, just as I have been struggling to find time for writing, I have been struggling to find time for reading my favorite blogs, too. With some extra time each day, I could (hopefully) get caught up and stay that way.
- Sleep - It is no secret that I am not a morning person. However, I am not a night owl either. I need a good solid 8 hours on a regular basis to feel well. Some nights, I'm lucky to get 6 hours, so having a couple extra to add on would be great!
- Relax - It seems I rarely just sit and mindlessly watch TV. My mind is always buzzing with the things I should be doing. With a couple superfluous hours to get all the things crossed off my to do list, maybe I could actually relax for a change.
- Go Shopping - There is one store I have been wanting to go to for a couple weeks now, but it is across town and I haven't been able to find time. If had 120 more minutes each day, I might be able to squeeze it in! Not to mention all that Christmas shopping that I really should be getting started on!
- Freezer meals - Have you seen those posts where they give you recipes for freezer meals? You are supposed to spend just a couple hours on Sunday afternoon chopping, prepping, and freezing everything. Then, on the weekdays, you just pull out a bag, dump it in a pan, and Voila! - dinner is done.
- Watch a movie - Can you name the last non-kid movie you watched? I can't. I saw, however, that Silver Linings Playbook is currently on Netflix and I have wanted to see it since it came out.
- Organizing - I am so tired of plastic containers falling on my head every time I open the pantry door. If only I had a little additional time to sort it all out and organize it! And the kids' closets. And my closet. And my underwear drawer. And the junk drawer. And . . . . . .you get the idea.
- Cleaning - Okay, this is not how I would want to spend my time, but it is probably what I would honestly end up doing. There is never a shortage of laundry to do, dishes to wash, to toilets to scrub!
- Hang out with my hubby and kids - With busy schedules and a "go, go, go" mentality, there never seems to be enough time to just hang out together and enjoy each other's company.
What would you do if you had 26 hours each day instead of just 24???
Your Tuesday Ten hostesses are:
1) Link up a post, old or new, pertaining to the TuesdayTen topic for this week and add our TuesdayTen button to your post or sidebar.
2) Please do not link up contests, product reviews, or sponsored posts. Links not pertaining to the topic will be removed at the hosts' discretion.
3) Visit your hosts and follow them on social media.
4) Visit as many other linked posts as you can and show those bloggers some love by commenting and/or sharing.
5) By linking up you agree to be subscribed to out #TuesdayTen mailing list. Emails are only sent once a week and you can unsubscribe at any time. If you would like to be added to the mailing list without linking up, click here.
Come link up again next Tuesday, November 11 when we will be sharing all the things we love about fall!!