Today is National Tourist Appreciation Day! Since summer vacation is right around the corner, too, and many people may be traveling, Rabia and I decided it would be a good Tuesday to share tourist attractions we have seen or would like to see in the future.
I didn't do much traveling before I met David, but since we got married I have seen quite a few places. However, there are still plenty of places I would like to see, too. I really got the travel bug after our trip to Paris in December 2012 (you can read about that HERE and HERE), so I'm always ready to explore somewhere new.
Five Tourist Attractions I Have Seen
1. The Eiffel Tower - As I mentioned, I was lucky enough to go to Paris (on a business trip) with David in December 2012 and I fell in love with the city and with traveling. (I was already in love with him!) We saw the Eiffel Tower, the Louvre, the Arc de Triumph, Notre Dame, and much more!
2. The Statue of Liberty - I first went to NYC with a college group almost twenty years ago (Yikes!). David and I went again close to ten years ago. I went up in the Statue on that first trip. Between the two, I have also been to the top of the Empire State Building, to a Broadway show, to Fifth Avenue, and Times Square.
3. Vegas - I was just in Las Vegas last week (on a business trip)! It was my first time there and I don't really want to go back anytime soon! :-)
4. Chicago Cloud Gate, or as some people like to call it, "The Bean." A few years ago, David and I took a long weekend getaway (that turned into a business trip) to Chicago. We went to Navy Pier, shopped on Michigan Avenue (of course!), and walked through Millennium Park by the sculpture.
5. The Mall of America - Last October, I went to Bloggy Boot Camp in Minneapolis. David went along and made it a business trip, but we did squeeze in some time to cruise the biggest mall in the country!
Five Places Tourist Attractions I Would Like To See
1. Big Ben - Going to Paris made me want to see more of Europe. I would love to go to London and see Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, and London Bridge.
2. The Grand Canyon - We thought about heading out to the Grand Canyon while we were in Vegas, but just didn't take the time. I wish we had. Next time, maybe!
3. The Colosseum - I would love to go to Rome and visit the Colosseum, the Sistine Chapel, and so many more pieces of history.
4. The Sydney Opera House or the Great Barrier Reef - Yeah, really I just want to go to Australia and those are two things I would make sure to see when I was there.
5. Hawaii - Can an entire state/group of islands count as a tourist attraction? I would love to go to Hawaii and experience the beaches and the beauty.
What tourist attractions have you seen and which ones are on your bucket list?? Tell me in the comments or write your own post and link up!
We have also created a FB group! If you would like to join the group, let me know! (You must have linked up with us at least once to join.)