Did you know that today is National Con't Cry Over Spilled Milk day?!?
When we saw that weird holiday, we thought it would be fun to do a Tuesday Ten about the things that make us cry. Even though I'm the one who picked this topic (I think), the truth is that I'm not a cryer. If you catch me crying, chances are it's something pretty bad or something really, really good. I rarely shed tears over much of anything and I actually had a really hard time thinking of 10 things to put on my list!
- Onions - I've tried everything from "onion glasses" to holding my breath, but nothing helps. Every time I chop an onion, the tears start rolling.
- My kids - My kids make me cry for different reasons. Sometimes, it's because they frustrate me or make me angry. Sometimes, it's because of some milestone that is passing. Sometimes, I cry because they are crying and I can't fix whatever it is. Sometimes, it's because I love them so much and I'm terrified that I am completely doing this motherhood thing wrong.
- Music - Although I'm not musically talented, I love music and it expresses emotions in a way that I can't always do. Occasionally, a song will remind me of something and the tears start to flow.
- Laughing - Who doesn't love to laugh so hard you cry? Fortunately, I do this often.
- PMS - As I said, I'm not usually a cryer, so if you catch me sobbing, there's a good chance I'll blame it on hormones!
- Psoriasis makes me cry which is why this post was hard for me to write.
- Other Bloggers make me cry sometimes - like this post from Kristi or this one from Chris. Words are powerful.
- My GIFT girls. GIFT is the name of a Bible study group at my church. We are women, mothers, and friends. We say "What happens in GIFT stays in GIFT." We also say "It's not GIFT unless somebody cries." Somebody usually does and, in that environment, tears are contagious.
(Now, I'm stumped! Can we change this to Tuesday Eight?? No? Then, I'll have to dig deep!)
9. Sometimes, movies make me cry. I almost cried during Frozen. The Blind Side and Hope Floats always make me cry no matter how many times I watch them.
10. Alleriges kind of make me cry. They make my eyes get really itchy and watery. I have weird allergies that are sometimes very randomly triggered. To others, it probably looks like I've been crying! (O.K. I know that's not really crying, but I needed a #10!)
What about you? Are you a cryer?? Link up and tell us what brings tears to your eyes!